Please join me in the 5th Annual C3M Potluck Picnic at Quiet Waters Park. Here's a link for the park:
Quiet Waters Park has a lot to offer, so please visit their site for details, information, and rules. Leashed dogs are allowed.
We have reserved the WHITE OAK pavilion again for this year. The Pavilion has 14 standard size picnic tables, 2 large grills, 2 sets of large trash cans and recycle bins, and a place to dispose the charcoal (assuming they haven't made any changes from last year). For those bringing kids, there is a large playground across the street from the pavilion in addition to a small playground a few steps right next to the Pavilion. Bathrooms are also a short walking distance via the bike/walking path or the main access road.
The cost per person will be based on the number of attendees (to cover the cost of the pavilion $180). Please plan to pay, in cash, when you arrive at the park site.
There is also a minimal parking fee of $6.00 per car to be paid at the park entrance gate. They do have senior citizens and military discounts in addition to season passes.
The address to the park is:
600 Quiet Waters Park Road
Annapolis, MD 21403
See below for the specific location we will be at.
Large Playground across the street.
Tasks, Food, and Materials:
Please See Below for sign-up sheet.:
Here are some other suggestions on other things to bring:
- 2 Way Radios (Channel 7, Subchannel 21).
- Bug spray/ Sunscreen
- Water Spray bottles (The pavilion/area is in very shaded area of trees. The majority of the large playground is NOT shaded....It was pretty hot last year)
NOTE: Because we will have a pavilion, this will be a rain or shine event.
SIGN UP SHEET:
Although, you may bring anything you want, below is a list of items that we would minimally like to have. If you want to bring other items, please do so as well. So that we don't end up with a lot of leftovers, please plan to bring/prepare for about 10-15 people unless it states otherwise. You will also note that multiple people can bring the same item to help spread the load/cost. Also, feel free to sign up for as many things as you want.
As a reminder, Quiet Waters does NOT allow alcoholic beverages.
Any questions, please post below or send a message. Whatever you decide to bring, please specify.
As people begin signing up for items, we will keep the main list up to date.
Thanks and looking forward to all the good food.
- Help Set UP (Please plan to be there around 10:00am. This is to hang the C3M banner, put out the supplies, table clothes, etc.)
1. Tom & Carol
2. Celia & John
- Clean Up (Tear down the picnic area)
1. John S
- Paper Products (plates, cups, utensils, napkins)
1. C3M supplied
- Charcoal, Lighter fluid, Grilling Tools (please plan to be there by 10-10:30 so we can get the grills going).
- Disposable table cloths - standard 6-8ft size. (If possible, Red, Black, and Yellow. We will need 14. Whoever signs up for this, I will send you the table configuration. Five Below or the $ store carries these at reasonable cost)
- Disposable Aluminum foil trays (6-12) for serving food, etc.
- Bottled Water - 1 case each (24)
2. Will S
- Other Drinks (i.e. soft drinks, lemonade, etc.)
1. Will S
- Snacks/Appetizers (i.e. crackers, chips, etc.)
- Pasta/Starch Salads/sides
1. Heather - potato salad
2. Ali-quinoa salad
3. Carol - baked beans
- Fruit Salad/platter
- Hamburgers and Hamburger Buns (24-32)
- Hot dogs and Hot dog Buns (24-32)
- Bratwurst and buns (12-16)
- Veggie Burgers and buns (8-12)
- Other Main Dish
- Condiments (Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, BBQ Sauce, Salt, Pepper, etc.)
- Dog and Burger Fixins' (lettuce, tomato, onion, etc.)
1. Bill W - Assume something from Yia Yias
2. Roy - cake
3. Rita - peach cobbler
1. Tom - 6' folding food prep/serving table
2. Tom - corn holin' game (bean bag toss)
How to Find Us:
For those who weren't at last year's picnic, here is where we will be located. When you enter the Quiet Waters Park property, you'll follow a one way road. Look for the large playground on the left. The Pavilion (White Oak) and Parking for it are immediately after the playground on the right.
Red = Parking and Pavilion
Blue = Large playground