add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board MINIS ON THE DRAGON 2011 APRIL 27TH - MAY 1ST › 2011 Info Central - all the basic info and links you need

2011 Info Central - all the basic info and links you need

Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 101
Offical MOTD Website HERE

MOTD Facebook page HERE

Motoring Alliance Forums HERE

North American Motoring HERE

Grahm County Welcome Package request HERE

Get on the official email info update list HERE
Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 106
Latest info email:
MOTD - Email Update #3 from Barry
First off, I'd like to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow MINIacs :)
I need some feedback please. We're thinking of bringing back the AutoCross event in 2011. I need to get a feel how many folks might be interested. It would be on Saturday, which means you would not be able to be in the Panoramic Photo shoot. You would leave Fontana at 8:00 am and return about 5:00 pm in time for the Farewell Dinner. Cost should be $35.00. Can you please respond to this email if you think you would attend. Thanks, Barry
Here is the lastest since our last email
MOTD Flyer: In case anyone else is as over the top for the MOTD as I am.
Here is a pdf FLYER that I print out each year on cardstock paper and tag any MINI I can find.

DIY Tent Update:
We have the following information/demonstations commitments so far:
• Electrical Session by Tim aka Fatherdeth
• Tire Pluggin Demonstration and TyreGuardian Demonstration by Dustin with
• Detailing Session with Griots Detailing producst hosted by Aaron at (we should have two of these)
• M45 Supercharger rebuild talk by Dustin at
Stay tuned for more additions as they come in. I'll have a schedule up as we get closer to the event. Of course if you have a topic you like to host a session on, just let me know.
Oher updates since our last newsletter:
• Dustin from will be bringing back his "Devils Triangle" Drive
• Aaron from Outmotoring will be returning as a vendor once again
• Robert from Twistybitz will be a joining us as vendor
• Cooper Flags is once again a event sponsor
• Kellen and Craven Speed are once again event sponsors for 2011
• Bingo will coming back once again thanks to the great folks at PittStop MINIs

Vendors and Sponsors
Below is where I'll keep a running track of our 2011 MOTD Vendors and Sponsors.
Vendors are folks that will be at the MOTD providing services and goods for us.
Sponsors are folks that can't attend the MOTD but have donated to help out.

Vendors: Way Motor Works Twisty Bitz Outmotoring

Sponsors: MINIs in the Ozark Cooper Flags Craven Speed

In case you missed the previous Email - Here is a recap from there
• The Ice Cream Run will be back again.
• Woody and Barbie Marshall will host a Cades Cove Drive.
• Mr. and Mrs. Green Iguana will host another Brewery Drive.
• will be hosting the Wine Tasting again after the Welcome Dinner
• Everyone's favorite Canadian, Xiek, will lead us on another Dragon Parade
• Chad and Detroit tuned will be bringing back the Brewswap.
• Karaoke night will follow the Brewswap once again.
• The Wine Tasting Night will be back after the Welcome Dinner.
• Day Drives: If you want to host a day drive, let me know. I'm working on the calendar and hope to have it public towards early November. For any first timers, I'll be more than happy to help you set up your drive and get you going.
• AutoXCross will be coming back after taking a 2 year break. It will be held at the William Blount High School in Maryville, TN. Just working on getting a possible sponsor and need someone to lead the pack over to the event.
• We will have a dedicated 20' x 20' tent where folks can reserve a time slot and host a "do-it-yourself" demonstration. Some ideas might be: Oil Change Clinic, Tire Plugging Clinic, Basic Electrical Clinic, a Lighting Clinic, etc. Now we just need some volunteers with some knowledge to make this happen. Let me know if you would like to host a DIY session.
• Jack Rowland aka MINIBee will host two "Newbie Orientations", a "Zipline" drive and a "Twisties at Twilight" run on Saturday night.
• The Mrs. and I will be hosting another day drive to "Deep Creek" and then lunch at the "Rivers End"
• Fontana plans on adding a outdoor amphitheater in front of the Rec. Hall. It's slated to start in November and finish by the time we get there. This may affect our vendor layout, but we'll make it work either way.
• More details to come !!!!
MINIs on the Dragon
Twisty Heaven
11 Miles, 318 curves 11318

Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 116
MOTD email update #4 from Barry

Rab M.
user 13408577
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 7
It's getting cloooooser!!
Olney, MD
Post #: 45
113 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!!!!
user 11281001
Lutherville Timonium, MD
Post #: 1
Help me understand this trip/outing through the eyes of this group. Is everything done as a group? Do we camp, stay in a hotel, rent a cabin or lodge together? I wouldn't want to make reservations only to find out later that the rest of the group was going to be staying somewhere else.

The only event we've been to, to date was "What Makes you Smile". We'll try to join in at the Pound on the 22nd to hopefully learn more.

Best...Ted Warner

PS: I hope this is the right place to ask this question.
Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 120
We really don't do everything as a group. There are so many activities and everyone has different interests. Those of us that go to the evening events usually sit together, dinners, bingo etc. As far as accomodations, many of us are staying in cabins that we reserved last year before we left Fontana. You can stay wherever you like, either the cabins or lodge at Fontana, nearby motels, or camping. Staying at Fontana Village is the most convenient because that is the headquarters and where many of the events are held. Most of the runs start from Fontana.

If anyone is interested in going, I suggest that you try to make your reservations now. You may have to get on a waiting list for Fontana, but don't be discouraged rooms and cabins open up as people change their plans. Once we get closer to time, many of the MINI boards will have threads for MOTD, the most prominent being Motoring Alliance and North American Motoring. Many folks who decide they aren't going post that they are giving up their cabin or room and you can contact them before they notify Fontana.

Celia, Bill and I have all been to at least one MOTD. Celia has been to the most. We would be happy to answer any questions you have at the meetup on the 22nd.
Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 121
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN AT http://www.minisonthe...­ smile biggrin cool

Most of the drives are free but they do require that you sign up. Go to the drive you want by clicking on in in the menu at the top of the page. Many of the drives fill up quickly, so sign up early.

Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 123
Here is the link to the forums at Motoring Alliance. They have already started threads for "Got a room/Need a room" and campsite sharing:

Here is the link to North American Motoring. They have similar threads:

Olney, MD
Post #: 50
For those of you who are looking for lodging there's a link to the NAM thread for people looking for rooms

Also try calling fantana don't trust their web site for vacancies.