Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board NONE OF THE ABOVE › February challenge, MINI power lap @ "Nurburgring Nordschleife"

February challenge, MINI power lap @ "Nurburgring Nordschleife"

Maxicooper
Maxicooper
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 408

MINI power lap @ Nurburgring Nordschleife. Begin Feb 1st, 2011.

biggrin
Ryan ".
user 13758062
Charleston, SC
Post #: 2

MINI power lap @ Nurburgring Nordschleife. Begin Feb 1st, 2011.

biggrin

WOW! Jumping straight to the Granddaddy! Love it. cool
Ryan ".
user 13758062
Charleston, SC
Post #: 3
So Maxi,
1)Since there is no Start/Finish line per se on the Nordschleife, shall we just do flying laps?
2)Also, GT5 gives you LOTS of "wiggle room" in the grass etc before invalidating a lap so may I suggest that at least two tires should be in contact with the racing surface (curbing counts) at all times? (unless airborne of course!)
Maxicooper
Maxicooper
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 409
Fly lap would be fine !!!

I haven't had a chance to really try it yet. Will try to do this weekend. biggrin
Ryan ".
user 13758062
Charleston, SC
Post #: 4
Anybody had a chance to run some laps yet?
Maxicooper
Maxicooper
Ellicott City, MD
Post #: 412
I'm still ground from the game until this weekend (if my son is grounded, I got it too). tongue

I will try this weekend.

But, I have a feeling that the top gear time might change this weekend. wink
Ryan ".
user 13758062
Charleston, SC
Post #: 6
Hey all -
I worked on the 'Ring a little last week. Clean runs sure are a challenge to pull off when you are pushing it. There is a reason The Flying Scot, Jackie Stewart, called this track "The green hell"! Very rewarding though.
IMHO - Getting consistent with clean sub 9 minute laps would be a good first goal and then whittle off second by second from there. smile
Ryan ".
user 13758062
Charleston, SC
Post #: 7
Here is where I'm at so far...

8:51.9xx

Can't remember what the hundreths and thousandths are at the moment!
ZugZugMcD
user 10044670
Pasadena, MD
Post #: 122
Not to get off topic, but I finally got to try this game out at the Sony Store in NYCity. In 3D, in a proper seat and steering wheel! what a blast!!!

makes it real tempting to buy a PS3devilish
Ryan ".
user 13758062
Charleston, SC
Post #: 8
I certainly wouldn't think less of you for it, considering GT5 Prologue was the reason I bought my PS3 and the earlier Grand Turismo games were the reason for my PS2!!

Of course, the PS3 is also a very nice Blu-Ray player, will do Netflix downloads, has a web browser and all kinds of other stuff to help sell the banker/significant other!

wink