add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board THE LIVING ROOM › Coolant sensor recall?

Coolant sensor recall?

Rab M.
user 13408577
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 37
Does anyone have any info on this, showed up on Nam and MA. Celia?????????????
Bill K.
Edgewater, MD
Post #: 6
I got the impression this is a non-recall. Ie if you happen to bring it in, they'll check for it, like the timing chain.
Olney, MD
Post #: 115
It's definitely a recall but it doesn't effect all models, and isnt as bad as the auxilary water pump so they didnt hype it as much. call your service writer and have then check to see if your cars effected, as much as they say its not a major recall they sure do replace quite a bit to fix it.
Rab M.
user 13408577
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 38
Thanks Celia.
user 54599172
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 2
I had this problem with my 2011 hardtop. It manifested in an intermittent check-engine light with a coolant system error code at around 46000 miles. Also my fan kept running after parking, when the engine shouldnt have been hot. MINI Baltimore replaced the sensor, hose, other bits, and I haven't had any issues since.