Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MINI › Bonnet stripes- dealer or local shop?

Bonnet stripes- dealer or local shop?

Amy
user 90142302
Crofton, MD
Post #: 1
I have a true red 2012 Countryman dying for bonnet stripes. I asked at MoB when I got my service done this weekend. They said $500 for bonnet and side stripes. I read about GS in
Hagerstown that someone posted in 2010. I live in Pasadena and really don't want to drive that far. Are all stripes decals? I recognize my own faults and there is no way I could do this myself.

How much can I expect to pay and does anyone have a recommendation besides the dealer?

Thanks!
Bill K.
OhBe1
Edgewater, MD
Post #: 26
Do you want a retrofit of factory stripes, or some simple custom vinyl?
Amy
user 90142302
Crofton, MD
Post #: 2
Bill- I want the sport stripes that you can get if you custom order your mini.

I contacted Oxspeed in Pasadena and they are half of what the dealership wanted to change me ($800 vs $375). My baby goes in this week! Next up, mirror caps.
Amy
user 90142302
Crofton, MD
Post #: 3
As you can see in my profile pic, the stripes are on and I love them. Rick at Oxspeed did a phenomenal job. He pays a lot of attention to detail so your baby is in good hands. I really appreciated him being so responsive to my emails. I will definitely be going back to him for mirror caps and anything else I need.
Bill K.
OhBe1
Edgewater, MD
Post #: 29
Very nice! I'm thinking of a single stripe, which I think is not in the factory catalog. First I need to keep the oak flowers and holly leaves off...
Amy
user 90142302
Crofton, MD
Post #: 4
Rick has lots of options for stripes, so give him a call and see what he can do.