addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MINI › R56S 2nd cat & resonator delete

R56S 2nd cat & resonator delete

GenEric
COOPE
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 27
Anyone here had the 2nd cat and / or resonator removed from a stock r56S exhaust? Where, when & how much was it? Opinions on the sound, drone, etc?

Drove by a shop & they wanted $80 to remove the 2nd cat
Rab M.
user 13408577
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 50
I have a 2012 R58 JCW, I had Mach V Motorsports in Sterling, Va. delete the resonator on the exhaust, damn,
just what I wanted! No drone at all and it gives the car the sound that I wanted. $180.00 out the door, it
might sound high but the welding & all were first class. Considering that I was prepared to spend way, way
over a grand for a new exhaust that might have given me 5 or so hp and the same sound, I'm happy!!
GenEric
COOPE
Glen Burnie, MD
Post #: 28
Nice! I think the JCW already sounds great stock, as it doesn't have the 2nd cat. Worried about getting drone w/o the resonator but I just might as well have both removed.

I'd like to hear yours in person, if you're coming tom.