Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board THE LIVING ROOM › Any upcoming drives?

Any upcoming drives?

erica
user 8772597
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 14
Hello!
Is C3M planning more runs in the near future? You guys have done some awesome drives this season. Would love some more...before the roads freeze!
Mark S.
user 30674472
Bowie, MD
Post #: 2
This is generally the time of year the drives wind down due to the weather. If there are some roads you want to drive your welcome to setup a run.
James
user 13429566
Gaithersburg, MD
Post #: 25
Due to my limited availability in the area due to the winter dog sled touring/racing season I do not participate as much as I would during the summer.
Bill K.
OhBe1
Edgewater, MD
Post #: 40
Leaves are still up.
Snow is not down.
Will S
LostDenverite2
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 14
Possible. Stay tuned! :-)
Obsessive
user 10573389
Olney, MD
Post #: 5
I just want to remind folks, and educate our new members how things work. Anyone can suggest or organize a run, and we encourage any and all suggestions. If you have an idea, please suggest it, we then need a leader for the run. Leading a run is quite easy but does require a bit of work laying out the route, doing a test run for timing and possible reroute if the road is rough, closed, etc. I use google maps but you can use any mapping program to find a nice twisty route to and from your destination (food, ice cream, an event). There are plenty of veterans that can help, just ask. We have so many members now, we should have runs planned for every weekend year round!
Tom L.
user 9323879
Catonsville, MD
Post #: 317
Also, if you are interested in re-running any of our old trips, we have route sheets posted in our "Files" section. In the menu at the top of the page click on "More", then "Files". You should probably do a test run of these first since some of them are older and the roads may have changed.
erica
user 8772597
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 15
Thanks! I'll look.
erica
user 8772597
Baltimore, MD
Post #: 16
This just in from Ray Shefska at MINI of Baltimore:
"It is a toy drive and a rally to see the Christmas lights in Hampden on Friday evening the 13th of December...see you then!

Ray"

I won't be able to go, but maybe one of you should post this as an event. There are no other details at this time, and nothing on the website that I could find.
Will S
LostDenverite2
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 15
This just in from Ray Shefska at MINI of Baltimore:
"It is a toy drive and a rally to see the Christmas lights in Hampden on Friday evening the 13th of December...see you then!

Ray"

I won't be able to go, but maybe one of you should post this as an event. There are no other details at this time, and nothing on the website that I could find.
We had a Toy/Tots drive & run last year http://www.meetup.com...­ and I would have been interested in this one, but at this late date I'm already booked that entire weekend.