addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Central Maryland MINI Motorists Message Board THE LIVING ROOM › Need new tires-any suggestions

Need new tires-any suggestions

Matt L.
user 48736732
Severn, MD
Post #: 1
I am getting ready to replace my original run-flat tires (only 28,000 miles on them) and am looking for advice from those who have already done so. Has anyone replaced their original tires with run-flats? They seem awful expensive for only 25-30K miles so I am thinking of going a more traditional route. I would like to hear any suggestions for some good performance tires that some of you may have found for a reasonable price. I also would not mind hearing about the bad deals as well. Thanks!
Rab M.
user 13408577
Hagerstown, MD
Post #: 59
I have a 2012 R58 JCW, I just ordered a set of Conti DW (non run flat) from the Tirerack,
You could do what I have done and get a donut spare that will fit on the floor behind the
passenger seat The passenger still has plenty of leg room. DetroitTuned sells them.
Bill K.
OhBe1
Edgewater, MD
Post #: 45
Or Conti DWS, which I've been using for the last 10,000 miles or so. Got safely through two winters, with good 3-season performance as well. Good in most conditions, though not as good in standing water as directional tires like GY Triple Tred.
Deb P.
Chiefly1
Odenton, MD
Post #: 11
Has anyone used Michelin Super Sports? I heard they were supposed to be good on Minis....