|Sent on:||Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:42 AM|
POSITION: Database Developer – Contract or Full Time with Benefits
LOCATION: Newtown, PA (Bucks County)
DESCRIPTION: Enterra Solutions, LLC, has an immediate opening for a Mid to Senior Level Database Developer. The successful candidate must possess solid hands on experience in stored procedures and MYSQL Development. This is not a Database Administrator’s role, although some DBA experience is a plus. Additional experience working with other relational databases (i.e., Oracle), ETL Tools, BI Analytic Tools and/or Data Mining is a huge plus. This candidate should also be willing to learn new technologies related to state-of-the-art big data analytics, including but not limited to Hadoop, SAP Hana, Aster Data, etc…
Enterra’s Think-Act-Learn big data analytics platform blends together a variety of disciplines and technologies (MapReduce, document management, ontology, BPEL/BPML, SOA and business rules) and applies them to a broad spectrum of industries.
This position will be responsible for the development of the data layer within Enterra’s core Solution-as-a-Service (SaaS) product offering, to include daily data loads from multiple clients, as well as database constructs and processes to support the business and presentation layers. The candidate will spend time helping developers debug SQL, stored procedure and data issues within customer data and may be required to communicate directly with the clients.
The successful candidate will combine a natural intellectual curiosity with a strong analysis and programming background. Candidate will also possess strong organizational and multi-tasking skills; and have the ability to communicate effectively with individuals, both technical and non-technical.
Enterra Solutions’ Engineering department is a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment where innovative ideas are highly valued.
· Be part of a cross functional team that reviews and refines business and operational data requirements. In some cases, this includes creating the appropriate requirements based on prior experience.
· Write SQL and stored procedures to support ETL and business logic.
· Help developers debug data issues within customer data, oftentimes by working directly with clients.
· Create appropriate documentation.
· Review and provide input to:
o Technical requirements for database architecture and reporting
o Technical data modeling and database architectures: conceptual, logical and physical models.
· 5+ yrs of solid database development experience with at least one yr of MySQL and other RDBMS (i.e., Oracle, Sybase, etc.)
· Minimum 2 years writing stored procedures
· Minimum 1 year working in a Linux or Unix environment
· Ability to effectively, concisely and professionally communicate (verbal and written) with peers & clients
· Highly organized
· Proven problem solver
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science or related field
DESIRED SKILLS (Experience in/with one or more of the following is a PLUS but not Required):
· Any ETL Tools
· BI or Data Mining Tools
· SaaS/high-volume environment
· Data Warehousing development / Dimensional Modeling
· Familiarity with source/version control systems
· Agile development experience
· Understanding and first-hand knowledge of a technology start-up
· Some exposure to Java development
TRAVEL: 0% - Inhouse Development
Must be eligible to work in the US.
For Immediate Consideration: Email resumes to: [address removed]
Attention Denise McAuliffe, VP of Human Resources