Looking for a friendly group of intermediate-to-advanced tennis players? SPG Tennis was organized in 1974 to meet that need. Then in 2013, we created the "Central NJ Tennis Meet-Up Group" to publicize the tennis activities SPG members enjoy so much.
SPG plays outdoors late-April thru mid-October on eight courts in Edison, NJ. Beginning late October, you can often find hardy SPG members braving the cold on the courts at Kramer Park in Scotch Plains. Plus, once-a-month from November to March, we sponsor Saturday evening tennis parties on six indoor courts at Mountainside Indoor Tennis Center, Mountainside, NJ.
Joining SPG is a great, affordable way to play tennis with others at your level and meet new people.
VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't let a very-low RSVP sign up number on the Meet-Up site discourage you from attending. Long-time SPG members don't sign up -- they just show up.
Please be sure to observe the following rules every time you walk onto a SPG tennis court.
• Anytime that you cross a court or open a gate please stop and look first. Make sure that play is stopped and that the server has finished BOTH serves first.
• Keep the noise level to a minimum so that you do not disturb the other courts.
• If your ball rolls on another court and could cause an injury to a player, please yell out "LET"...
• If a ball is out, please call out, point out, or raise your racket to indicate the point is over and the ball was out.
• At the end of each play-date, please pick up any loose balls, bottles, cans, etc and dispose of them. We want to remain a favorable customer to Wardlaw.
• SPG has specific rules for when players are waiting. These rules are on the website listed under guidelines. Please familiarize yourselves with the rules. The waiting players need to be players ready and eager to play.