The Central New York BIM Group is comprised of professionals from the construction industry, academia, design and the media who are networking in an effort to better understand BIM technology and how it may be utilized in the Central and Upstate New York area. We are trying to create an alliance between all local and/or national organizations currently working toward developing BIM and promoting the concept, in particular:
- Promote the understanding and appreciation of the BIM technology to owners, Architects, Engineers, Construction firms and Practitioners, educational institutions, property and facility managers and other professionals.
- Create a local feedback link to all those involved in establishing BIM national standards.
- Support as much as possible the networking for all organizations involved
- Gain the support and involvement of all those mentioned above
- Establish a regional center for BIM education and training with the support of regional educational facilities.
The group will focus on complying with the National Building Information Modeling Standards Committee (NBIMS). This group is dedicated to bringing together the many organizations already working on pieces of the puzzle rather than trying to reinvent existing capabilities.