Central Ohio Photo Group Message Board › February Contest was a four way tie.

February Contest was a four way tie.

Bob from D.
Bob_from_Dublin
Group Organizer
Dublin, OH
Post #: 567
Well, once again the activity was terribly disappointing with only 4 votes being cast for our wimpy 6 photo monthly contest.
The winners were:
John Brake
Brenda Galbo
Rob Shields
Bob from Dublin
All winners will have have their picture represent our grout for a week.
John B.
user 60883982
Delaware, OH
Post #: 24
it was a tough assignment for many .. while I thank Debbie for the vote .. I believe Brenda was the clear winner (of course I am a biker so that may have something to do with it). Her subject appeared far more relaxed than all the others, implying that her skill in approaching and talking to the individual was superior. That naturally lead to a better quality shot.
Bob from D.
Bob_from_Dublin
Group Organizer
Dublin, OH
Post #: 569
You have the right attitude about this. However, you must respect the people's choice and accept your week in the sun. The people are who buy photos and their tastes run a wide gamut. So all winners are winners, and even those who didn't get a vote this time are winners. My problem is that we have a rather lethargic group that doesn't vote, which is a shame considering these contests are done as learning projects and voting is essential. It is hard to invest time in running a program with so little interest.
Douglas A.
user 12340285
Columbus, OH
Post #: 41
Well I didn't submit a photo (admittedly lame) so I didn't think I was allowed to vote.
Bob from D.
Bob_from_Dublin
Group Organizer
Dublin, OH
Post #: 571
Doug,
i apologize for not making it clear that everyone can vote even if they don't enter a picture. The contest is intended to get a large number of photos and a large number of votes to help everyone understand what kinds of pictures people like, so that they can compare their work with the vote getters to see how they may improve their work.