Central Texas Foodies Message Board › This is truly alarming

This is truly alarming

A former member
Post #: 72
http://www.cnn.com/vi...­

just watch the video and you will understand ....

I guess organic is the only way to go if you want to reduce the risk?? I'm shocked ....really!!

m
Tricia J.
user 3938681
Group Organizer
Georgetown, TX
Post #: 230
dino-mite, I don't click on links without confirming that the person who ostensibly posted them meant to do so and it wasn't a virus that did it.

So could you confirm that you actually posted this before I click on it and find out what's so alarming?
A former member
Post #: 74
yes, I did post above link. And, if you're concern, then try going to CNN site and search for video segment on Dr. Oz and Apple juice. This was on ABC and CNN news yesterday's night.
Tricia J.
user 3938681
Group Organizer
Georgetown, TX
Post #: 231
Oh, that! As I understand it, it's that foreign produce doesn't have the same requirements that we do as far as treating apples is concerned (thus the arsenic problem), rather than a strict organic versus non-organic problem. (Not that eating organic when possible isn't absolutely the way to go, just what the real issue in the Dr. Oz situation is.) That would be more an eating local situation (except that, well, apples and strictly local is a bit of a problem here for mass consumption, of course).

Will have to dig further into that particular situation.
A former member
Post #: 75
My understanding about Dr Oz, he's one of the biggest pusher & supporter for organic commercial products and so I question his motive. FDA shot back and wanted to know if his findings including arsenic from organic.....I think it's safe to say Dr Oz is not a reliable source at this point....But, I am glad he brought this topic to light for discussion since the consumers need to understand and know there are no regulations of bringing foods with high level arsenic.