addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Charlottesville - Central Virginia Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › New Waynesboro restaurant with lots of vegetarian and vegan options

New Waynesboro restaurant with lots of vegetarian and vegan options

Marianne R.
user 10405852
Charlottesville, VA
Post #: 6
Hi, all,

A restaurant called The Green Leaf Grill opened a couple of weeks ago at 415 W. Main Street in downtown Waynesboro. The restaurant offers many vegetarian and vegan options, and the owner is adding more each week. Next week, he (Chris Hollinger) will start offering gluten-free, vegan pizza. He will also have Daiya cheese on hand to substitute in dishes that use dairy cheese. In addition, he is seeking suggestions from the vegan crowd about what to offer.

For those of you who know Waynesboro, The Green Leaf Grill is in the location that Chickpeas vacated in April.

The Green Leaf Grill's phone number is 540-949-4416. The restaurant is open seven days a week but closes at 3:00 PM on Sunday.

Chris, the restaurant owner, is trying to be green in other aspects of restaurant operation too -- for instance, by recycling glass, aluminum, and plastic as well as by using as many post-consumer, recycled products as he can.

I told Chris I would post info about The Green Leaf Grill on the meetup discussion board. I hope some of you are able to make the scenic drive over the mountains to Waynesboro to check out this new restaurant.

Bon appetit!
Marianne

A former member
Post #: 1
YAY! I'm excited, as I live only about 10 minutes from here! I'll definitely have to check this out this week.