Let's go for a snowy hike at Seoraksan National Park! This park is famous for its rugged, rocky mountains and breathtaking scenery. We will hike a 3.5 ~ 4 hour course perfect for a snowy, winter day. The trail will have some steep sections and stairs, and will likely be snowy and slippery. Crampons (metal spikes which you attach to your boots/shoes) will be necessary to hike on this trail. It should be a great day spent in the mountains!
Seoul National University of Education Station (교대역)
Lines 2 & 3, Exit #14
Roundtrip bus: 30,000 won
To reserve your spot, send payment for the bus to the account below. Spots are first come, first served. Email after sending payment so I know who sent it.
KEB (Korea Exchange Bank)
Or, pay via paypal:
*If there are not enough participants, the meetup may be canceled.
7 days (or more) in advance - Full refund. (February 9th or earlier)
6 days to 48 hours - 50% refund. (February 10th - February 13th)
48 hours or less - No refund. (February 14th or later)
*Send an email if you want a refund.
*If the organizer cancels the trip, you will get a full refund.
What to bring:
Plenty of water
Lunch (we will eat lunch somewhere along the trail)
Appropriate footwear for hiking
Crampons* (called 아이젠 in Korean)
Money for dinner (we will eat at a restaurant when we finish the hike)
Warm clothes (Wear layers.)
Hat and gloves
Also, snowpants and hiking poles will be good to bring, if you have them.
Crampons are metal spikes which are worn over your boots/shoes (called 아이젠 in Korean) and are an essential part of winter hiking. They cost around 20,000 - 30,000 for a decent pair, and can be found at E-mart, http://english.gmarket.co.kr/, or at hiking trailheads. They will NOT be available where we will do this hike, so please buy/borrow them in advance.
- 7:00am - Meet at Seoul National University of Education Station (교대역) Lines 2 & 3, Exit #14
- 7:05am-7:10am - Depart from our meeting place.
- 10:00am~10:30am - Arrive at Seoraksan National Park
- Begin the hike.
- Hike from Heullimgol park entrance --->Yeosim Waterfall --->Deungseon Waterfall --->Sibi Waterfall ---> Seongguk Temple ---> Mangwol Temple ---> Osaek park entrance
- Around 4:00pm~ Bus departs from Seoraksan.
- Head back to Seoul, stop for dinner at a restaurant on the way back
- Around 8:30pm~9:00pm* - Arrive in Seoul.
(*Schedule may vary due to traffic.)
Pictures of the hike:
Participation in this group's trips and activities is at your own risk. Members are responsible for their own safety, health, and possessions.