Let's go to the Damyang Bamboo Festival! There, we can wander through a towering forest of bamboo trees and participate in many bamboo-related activities, such as catching fish in a bamboo basket, riding a bamboo raft, and many others. After enjoying the festival, we will go to Gangcheonsan County Park to see some of Korea's most beautiful waterfalls. It should be a great way to spend the day!
Seoul National University of Education Station (교대역)
Lines 2 & 3, Exit #14
30,000 won for round-trip bus
To reserve your spot, send payment for the bus to the account below. Spots are first come, first served. Email after sending payment so I know who sent it.
KEB (Korea Exchange Bank)
Account holder: 우동제
Or, you can pay through paypal:
Payment: $27 USD
*If there are not enough participants, the meetup may be canceled. Seats are first come, first served.
Spots on the trip are first come, first served based on whoever pays first.
7 days (or more) in advance - Full refund. (April 28th or earlier)
6 days to 48 hours - 50% refund. (April 29th - May 2nd)
48 hours or less - No refund. (May 3rd or later)
*Send an email if you want a refund.
*If the organizer cancels the trip, you will get a full refund.
What to bring:
- Clothing appropriate for the weather
- Comfortable shoes for walking
- Money for meals
- Money for park entrance fees (3,000 won)
- Some cash (not every place accepts cards)
- 7:00am - Meet at Seoul National University of Education Station (교대역) Lines 2 & 3, Exit #14, depart
- 10:30am - Arrive at Damyang. Go to the festival and Bamboo Park.
- 2:30pm - Depart Damyang and go to Gangcheonsan County Park.
- 5:00pm - Depart Gangcheonsan and go back to Seoul.
- 9:00pm* - Arrive back in Seoul.
(* Depending on traffic)
The trip will be well-organized (in terms of keeping to the schedule), but members will be free to explore the festival as they please.
Activities at the festival:
Catch fish with a bamboo basket
Ride bamboo rafts
Make things with bamboo
Try bamboo food products
Bamboo sword cutting
Participation in this group's trips and activities is at your own risk. Members are responsible for their own safety, health, and possessions.