IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an informal meetup. Please note that we are not planning to meet as a group at any specific time--the times listed are simply the operating hours of the festival. The event is hosted by Scioto Gardens, and we posted it because we thought it would be of general interest to the group. We encourage you to look at the schedule and come at a time that is most convenient for you. If you know ahead of time when you will be there and would like to meet up with other members and/or carpool, please comment below with that information!
This annual festival features artists & craftsmen, live music, food, free gardening workshops, and plants for sale! Here is the festival schedule (as copied from http://sciotogardens.com/events.html).
Free Gardening Workshops
- 10:00 Urban Gardens Impact on Water Quality, Julie Rice
- 11:00 Butterfly Gardening with Native Plants, Chris Kline, Author
- 12:00 Lower Olentangy Urban Arboretum, Peter Kovarik
- 1:00 Who Built That Nest In My Garden?, Dee Bolen
- 2:00 Green Roofs Design - Q&A, Megan Welsh of Higher Ground Green Roofs
- 3:00 Native Plants & Edible Landscaping, Jeanine Seabrook of the Glass Rooster
- 4:00 Women's Herbal Balance, Dawn Combs of Mockingbird Meadows
- 10:00 Wade Jones - Jazz
- 12:00 Rusty Strings - Rock, Folk, Jazz
- 2:00 Charlie Mossbrook - Folk, Bluegrass Singer/Song Writer
- 4:00 Doug Wood - Instrumental Acoustic Guitar