The Ohio Herb Education Center is hosting its annual Herb Day event on May 11th! This event is free to attend and will feature herbs for sale, vendors, presentations, and workshops. I'm planning on going and thought I'd let you all know about it too!
Events scheduled (so far) include:
- 9a-4p - Plant sale by the Ohio Herb Education Center
- 9a-4p - Over 30 vendors with a variety of products and services
- 10am-12pm - Meet and ask your garden related questions to Ohio's Garden Sage, Debra Knapke
- 10am - "Weeds as Companion Plants" with Barbara Arnold, Horticulture Program Coordinator at Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- 12pm - "Plants as Edible Landscaping" with Val Jorgensen, owner of Jorgensen Farms, the official farm of the Herbal Trail
- 2pm - "Using Your Garden as Your Medicine Cabinet" with Dawn Combs, owner of Mockingbird Meadows
- Live music performance by the Shaw Brothers and Casey Redmond
Hope to see you there! If anyone is interested in carpooling, please comment here with where you will be coming from and if you are willing to drive (or would like a ride) and we'll see what we can work out between us.