Leah M.
LeahLyndell
Richwood, OH
Post #: 28
The mushroom hunt at Flying J Farm is schedule for Saturday May 3rd if anyone is interested. I have to work that day, but more information can be found here: http://www.flyingjfar...­
Adam K.
user 112660752
Columbus, OH
Post #: 10
Lizzy and I will be at a wedding unfortunately...

With all the rain and the warm weather, I predict Morchella will start popping in a few days. I found some Polyporus squamosus just barely emerging from a boxelder (Acer negundo) on Monday, and the morels will typically follow soon afterwards. That said, mushroom hunting will be on short notice with me...if you are interested in joining, let me know and I will give you a call.
Zach R.
user 42522472
Columbus, OH
Post #: 8
Adam let me know if you go! Thanks
Adam K.
user 112660752
Columbus, OH
Post #: 12
I will be going out to Blue Rock State Forest on Sunday (the 4th) for anyone interested! Let me know if you want to meet up!
Adam K.
user 112660752
Columbus, OH
Post #: 13
Found my first morel today. Ground temps. are still a little cold, but towards the end of the week should be prime time.
Adam K.
user 112660752
Columbus, OH
Post #: 14
Okay, I'm going out again this upcoming Sunday in the afternoon. If anyone is interested in carpooling let me know. There will be mushrooms, I guarantee it.
Zach R.
user 42522472
Columbus, OH
Post #: 9
Okay, I'm going out again this upcoming Sunday in the afternoon. If anyone is interested in carpooling let me know. There will be mushrooms, I guarantee it.
Hey Adam I'll probably be able to go! Can you txt me 440-228-6862? Thanks
James
user 124617092
Dublin, OH
Post #: 21
Getting in person experience is best, but I have found these couple references quite good (some are available from the library) to start:

Edible Wild Plants Amazon Link

Nature's Garden Amazon Link

Be particularly careful around mushrooms. Some are quite deadly.

Mushrooms Demystified Amazon Link

The Ohio Mushroom Society has a good site and some field excursions Mushroom Link

Adam K.
user 112660752
Columbus, OH
Post #: 16
Found a very fresh morel in northern Coshocton county yesterday marking timber... they're still out there! I'm not planning on hunting for them anymore this year (life gets in the way). Next year will be better hopefully!