June 29, 2014 · 1:00 PM
Level 1 Shoden Reiki Class
Come learn Reiki as taught and practiced by Mikao Usui.
Shoden Reiki classes will teach you traditional Japanese Reiki. In this class you’ll learn and practice Japanese techniques that can be used daily to ensure a clearer and stronger Reiki channel. These techniques have been missing from Western Reiki for more than 50 years.
Usui placed much greater focus on healing the SELF, than is generally done in Western Reiki. You will be taught self-healing meditations based on that used by Usui with his students - an extremely healing and relaxing process.
• Return to the traditional roots of Reiki
• Study the five elements of Reiki
• The original meaning of Reiki
• In-depth look at the five precepts
• Learn the traditional use of symbols and mantras
• Develop inner spiritual growth and enlightenment
• Learn the Japanese energetic system (three diamonds)
• Receive traditional Japanese reiju (attunement)
• Historical account of Mikao Usui
Traditional Shoden Techniques
• Kenyoku ho(dry bathing)
• Seishin Toitsu(creating a unified mind)
• Joshin kokyu ho(focusing the mind on one thing with breath)
• Shuchu Reiki(concentrated spiritual energy, or group healing)
• Gassho (creates unity within the body)
We'll also discuss some Western Reiki Techniques
Chakra clearing and balancing
Using spirit guides
This class is for everyone
Wear comfortable clothing. Bring a sack lunch and a bottle of water. Bring a pencil and notepad to take notes.
The class begins at 1:00pm and goes until 6:00pm with a break in the afternoon.
This is by donation only. Most classes like this one cost several hundred dollars. Give what you can. =)