Chandler Gamers Message Board › Descent Game Nights

Descent Game Nights

Dorothy
DorothyJ
Group Organizer
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 3
I wanted to get a feel for who would be interested in attending game nights devoted to Descent. It's about a 4 hour game, and in our experience does go at least that long. I'd like to at some point play through all the campaigns before investing in more for it or getting another 4 hours game like Twilight Imperium. The nights would be limited to 5 people and would be in off weeks of normal game nights. Thoughts?
A former member
Post #: 1
I wanted to get a feel for who would be interested in attending game nights devoted to Descent. It's about a 4 hour game, and in our experience does go at least that long. I'd like to at some point play through all the campaigns before investing in more for it or getting another 4 hours game like Twilight Imperium. The nights would be limited to 5 people and would be in off weeks of normal game nights. Thoughts?

Dorothy, I am terrified of this game and would absolutely love to give it a shot.
A former member
Post #: 210
I have never played this game, but the fiance and I both enjoyed the heroquest games when we were younger. To my understanding this game is like heroquest 2.0
Dorothy
DorothyJ
Group Organizer
Chandler, AZ
Post #: 5
I've never played heroquest, but I have heard that it is similar. It's pretty much a Dungeon crawling board game with objectives you have to meet to win the game. There is an overload, who controls the monsters and up to 5 heros. The board it sort of like a puzzle that is revealed as the heros explore. I think its alot like D&D without the roleplaying and with more visuals.

I think I will startup the Meetups for this after we have a couple Game Nights.