July 6, 2013 · 8:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Ride length: 43 miles total (loop configuration)
Ride level: moderate to strenuous (due to ride length and hill climbs)
Pace: moderate 12 to 13 mph average
Overall elevation gain: 177 ft.
Ascending: ~3,200 ft.
Start time: 8:30 AM
Duration: 4 hours
Traffic: low to moderate
Bikes best suited for this ride: road and hybrid bikes
This enjoyable but challenging rolling hills road ride will take us through rural sections of Harrisburg, Midland and south Cabarrus County. With some tough climbs, especially near the end, this ride will be a good for those looking to increase their ride distance and work on their climbing ability.
- All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route.
- Obey all traffic rules, ride single file when on open road for vehicles to pass.
- This will be a "no drop" social paced ride, no one will be left behind.
- Restrooms and water available in Stallings Road Park and gas station at mile 20 of the ride.
- Please bring plenty of water, tire tube, and snacks if needed.
- Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also bright clothing, eye protection and gloves are highly recommended.
- If chance of thunderstorms, ride will be rescheduled.
We'll meet in the parking lot and start our ride at 8:30 AM. We'll make short road side stops as needed and take a long rest stop at 20 mile mark, where restroom will be available. Bring money for refreshments and/or snacks.
Map of ride route (MapMyRide)
Phone or text Maurice at[masked], if running late or not attending (Day of ride ONLY, please)