We will ride from Park Road Shopping Center to Uptown and back. There will be a brief stop around Mile 11 at Romare Bearden Park. THE MAIN STOP WILL BE AT THE END OF THIS RIDE, which will be at Sir Edmond Halley's. This is in the back of Park Road Shopping Center. We will return to Park Road Shopping Center around 9pm.
Bicycle Benefits discounts for this ride:
• 10% off food at Sir Edmond Halley's
• 10% off nearly everything at BikeSource, 5% off bicycles.
Highlights of this ride:
Clanton & Revolution Park, Irwin Creek Greenway, Panthers Stadium, Romare Bearden Park, South End, CMC Main campus.
>> THIS RIDE STARTS PROMPTLY AT 7:30 PM - PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY <<
Ride length - 16.5 miles total (loop configuration)
Ride level: moderate due to length and hills
Pace: moderate 9-11 mph
Elevation gain/loss: + 908 ft./- 915 ft.
Start time: 7:30 pm
Duration: 2 to 2 1/2 hours (including 1 stop)
Terrain: asphalt, concrete, and a small section of crushed gravel
Traffic: low to moderate
Bikes best suited for this ride: any
• All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route.
• A headlight and tail light are required for this ride. You will need a headlight that is capable of illuminating the area in front of your bike.
• Restrooms - available at BikeSource (start of ride) and at Romare Bearden Park.
• Please bring plenty of water and snacks if needed.
• Bring money or a credit card if you want to buy something at the stop.
• Bring a lock for your bike if you want to lock up at the stop.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also gloves, bright clothing, eye protection, and a side mirror are highly recommended.
• Please bring with you an appropriate-sized spare tube for your bicycle. I carry tube-changing equipment and an air pump.
• Please check the comments section below for weather updates.
Click here for directions to BikeSource at the Park Road Shopping Center.
Map of ride route (MapMyRide)
Map of ride route (Endomondo)
Map of ride route (RideWithGPS) - ** Most accurate **
Phone or text Zeke at[masked], if late or not coming. (Day of ride ONLY, please)