This ride will be from Park Road Shopping Center to NoDa and back. We will use the Little Sugar Creek Greenway, and some lower traffic streets to get there and then a different route back through Uptown. At about the halfway point we will stop at Dolce Vita. We will return to Park Road Shopping Center by 10pm.
Bicycle Benefits discounts for this ride:
• 10% off food at Dolce Vita.
• 10% off nearly everything at BikeSource, 5% off bicycles.
Highlights of this ride:
Little Sugar Creek Greenway, NoDa, Myers Park, and numerous great views of the Charlotte skyline.
>> THIS RIDE STARTS PROMPTLY AT 7:30 PM - PLEASE ARRIVE EARLY <<
Ride length - 15 miles total (loop configuration)
Ride level: moderate due to length and hills
Pace: moderate 9-11 mph
Elevation gain/loss: +391 ft./-389 ft.
Start time: 7:30 pm
Duration: 2 to 2 1/2 hours (including 1 stop)
Terrain: asphalt and concrete
Traffic: low to moderate
Bikes best suited for this ride: any
• All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route.
• A headlight and tail light are required for this ride. You will need a headlight that is capable of illuminating the area in front of your bike.
• Restrooms - available at BikeSource (start of ride) and at Dolce Vita
• Please bring plenty of water and snacks if needed.
• Bring money or a credit card if you want to buy something at the stop.
• Bring a lock for your bike if you want to lock up at the stop.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also gloves, bright clothing, eye protection, and a side mirror are highly recommended.
• Please bring with you an appropriate-sized spare tube for your bicycle. I carry tube-changing equipment and an air pump.
• Please check the comments section below for weather updates.
Click here for directions to BikeSource at the Park Road Shopping Center.
Map of ride route (MapMyRide)
Map of ride route (Endomondo)
Map of ride route (RideWithGPS) - ** Most accurate **
Phone or text Zeke at[masked], if late or not coming. (Day of ride ONLY, please)