Ride length: 64 miles total (loop configuration)
Ride level: easy to moderate (due to ride length and some short hills on route)
Pace: easy (social) 12-14 mph average
Elevation gain/loss: + 3,311 ft./ - 3,311 ft.
Start time: 9:00 AM
Duration: ~6 hours
Traffic: low to moderate
Bikes best suited for this ride: road and hybrid bikes
This enjoyable road ride around Lake Norman will take us from Huntersville, through rural areas of Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, Terrell, Mooresville, sections of McDowell Creek Greenway and South Prong Rocky River Greenway. We will stop for lunch at mile 41.
• All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route.
• This will be a "no drop" ride, no one will be left behind. We'll stop for breaks as needed.
• Restrooms and water will be available at ride start and rest stops at mile 23 & 41. Lunch stop at mile 41. Short stops as needed.
• Please bring plenty of water, spare tire tube, cash/credit for lunch and snacks if needed.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also gloves, bright clothing and eye protection are highly recommended.
• If chance of thunderstorms, ride will be rescheduled.
We'll meet in the parking lot and start our ride at 9:00 AM.
Map of ride route (MapMyRide)
Map of ride route (RideWithGPS)
Phone or text Maurice at[masked], if needed (Day of ride ONLY, please)