ARRIVE EARLY - DEPARTURE TIME IS 9:00 AM
This will be a hilly and challenging ride through mostly neighborhood streets in the south part of Charlotte. We will be using some busier streets, as well to get to the different neighborhoods. Please view one of the route maps below for details of the route. The elevation gain for this ride is 1,099 ft.
Ride length: 21 miles total (out-and-back, loop configuration)
Ride level: moderate due to hills.
Pace: moderate (10-13 mph)
Elevation gain/loss: +1099 ft. /-1091 ft.
Start time: 9:00am
Duration: 2 hours
Terrain: asphalt and concrete
Traffic: mostly low, some busier streets
Bikes best suited for this ride: any
WEATHER POLICY: Ride is cancelled if it is raining at 9:00 am. If the ride is cancelled, I will send out a cancellation message to the e-mail address that you registered with on Meetup - so make sure you check that e-mail account before coming. In addition, if the ride is cancelled I will add a cancellation message in the section below.
• All riders must be willing to stay with the group because we'll be making many turns on our route. If you pass the ride leader, you are on your own navigation.
• Restrooms - available at Caribou Coffee (start and end of ride).
• Please bring plenty of water and snacks if needed.
• Bike helmets are mandatory on all rides; also gloves, bright clothing, eye protection, and a side mirror are highly recommended.
• Please bring with you an appropriate-sized spare tube for your bicycle. I carry tube-changing equipment and an air pump.
Phone or text Zeke at[masked], if late or not coming. (Day of ride ONLY, please)