Charlotte User Experience Meetup Group Message Board › NC Schools that offer a BA/BS in UX Design

NC Schools that offer a BA/BS in UX Design

Roman La'Voy W.
user 59384412
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 1
Are there any great art schools or Universities in NC that offer a a BA/BS in UX.
I'm looking for something that leans more in the artsy design aspect of UX.
I have been able to find anything as of yet, could anybody help me??
-Rome
Bermon P.
bermonpainter
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 25
To the best of my knowledge there aren't any schools in the southeast with a BA/BS in UX. The closest thing that I'm aware would be an HCI degree from Georgia Tech but there's not much visual design involved. The arty design piece of UX you could probably consider as user interface design. At a university level the closest would be a graphic design program with somewhat of a web focus. The Art Institute has a handful of programs but nothing as lazer focused that you're looking for.
Bermon P.
bermonpainter
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 26
Outside of the southeast New York is your best bet at a graduate level. The have a pretty nice, up-to-date MFA in interaction design. http://interactiondes...­
Roman La'Voy W.
user 59384412
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 2
Hey Berman, thank you for getting back to me. This is helpful in my UX journey. I will continue doing my research. You are the 5th person to recommend SVA to me. I will look more into this school. Again thanks!
-Roman

www.romanandalaina.com