addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Charlotte Zen Meditation Society Message Board › Nancy Voorhoeve, an ordained Zen Monk, will speak at Sunday's Sit

Nancy Voorhoeve, an ordained Zen Monk, will speak at Sunday's Sit

Rochelle B.
Charlotte, NC
Dear Charlotte Zen Sangha,

Nancy Voorhoeve will give a talk this Sunday, May 4, at our regular meeting. This will replace our usual book reading and discussion. Nancy will be with us only through May. In June and during the summer months she and her husband, Rene, stay in Switzerland to study with her teacher.

Below is Nancy's description of her talk:

"I would like to talk to you about the places that scare me. Taught to me by Pema Chodron in the book by the same title 'The Places that Scare You' This is as she says "A guide to Fearlessness in Difficult Times". Where do we go with our minds when we are facing a challenge? Either our own, or something more remote, such as world affairs. Can we stay open to what is? And stay with the bigger picture.
Gassho Ko get sue  Nancy"