addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Charlotte Beer Babes Message Board › The Year of 2014

The Year of 2014

Bethany B.
user 124233832
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 1
It was great to see everyone for the January 11th Class at World of Beer! I wanted to post for everyone the items I mentioned to those in attendance for the plans for 2014! So here goes:
1) Second Saturday of every month at 12:30pm will be the World of Beer-hosted Monthly Education Class with Ashley.
2) Last Tuesday of every month at 6 (or 6:30, depending) will be a brewery visit to a local brewery for group drinks & brewery tour. First one will be held on January 28 (more details shortly)!
3) Every quarter we will be doing a beer event that benefits a local non-profit. Each quarter will see us benefitting a different non-profit, through a different event. More details to come.
4) Sporadic one off events will be held and scheduled as we get them. Examples: we'll be doing a Beer Photography tutorial class at some point; interest has been expressed in a day bus trip to Greensboro, Raleigh or Asheville to visit breweries; visits to local bottle shops; events in Huntersville, Fort Mill, Matthews areas to spread the "Charlotte" reach a bit; etc.
So this is basically what we have going for 2014 as an outline. I wanted to establish a few items we could have guaranteed regularly, and then also have random fun one-offs thrown in. My goal is to have fun for all of us (including myself while organizing), and not over-saturate any of us with too many events. Any ideas, feedback, requests, or comments are most welcome! Please feel free to reach out to me on Facebook, Twitter or Meetup - or in person at an event! I cannot wait to see what 2014 has in store for the Beer Babes, and can't wait to meet/see everyone out and about this year!

Cheers,
Bethany Burr
Bethany B.
user 124233832
Group Organizer
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 2
Added a poll question about the Quarterly Fundraising aspect of this post! http://www.meetup.com...­