Holi, the festival of colors and joy, is just around the corner. It's time to celebrate Holi with gulal, food, drinks, music and lots of fun at NetIP NC's family friendly Holi event!
Come join us for the Holi Hungama.
Where: Park Road Park, Shelter 3
6220 Park Rd Charlotte, NC 28210
When: Saturday, April 06, 2013
Time: 12-4 PM
Feel free to bring your friends and get ready to have some fun! Don't leave the kids behind, this is a kid-friendly event.
What will we provide:
- Gulal (colored powder)
- Finger food
- Water and Soft Drinks
What we suggest that you bring:
- Gulal (colored powder) (More Gulal = More Play) (It is easily available at any desi store)
- Water balloons
- Something to eat or drink (non-alcoholic, per park rules)
Parking is easily available in and around the park.
For more details on the park see http://charmeck.org/mecklenburg/county/ParkandRec/Parks/ParksByRegion/SouthRegion/Pages/ParkRoad.aspx
NetIP NC has pledged to do something good for the community through all of our events. Please bring any nonperishable food, or any gently used clean clothes for donation, and we'll collect everything and donate it to the Second Harvest Food Bank and Goodwill.
Here are some aditional tips to safely enjoy the festival:
- Wear clothes that you don't mind getting color on
- You may want to bring the following: a towel, change of clothes for after the event; outdoor games; plastic bags; picnic blanket/lawn chairs to sit on; and your cameras!
- Wear contacts instead of glasses
- Rub baby oil or vaseline on your skin before playing with the colors
- Ladies can wear nail polish to prevent the color from setting in the nails
We hope to see you all!
NetIP NC Board