CharlotteJS Message Board › Charlotte Startup Weekend (etc.)

Charlotte Startup Weekend (etc.)

Jim Van F.
Charlotte, NC
Post #: 72
Hi, Meetup-pers!

I'm Jim Van Fleet, organizer of the Ruby meetup group, among other things.

I'd like to call your attention to a few items of interest in the local community.

First is Charlotte Startup Weekend 3, where I am a co-organizer. You can read our kickoff blog for CSW3 on our site. We also have testimonials from technologists­ and business people. This is a great event for working on a project for the fun of it, and making friends and connections in the Charlotte startup community at the same time.

It's November 4-6, so it's in a few weeks. We have a lot of sponsors, judges, advisors and volunteers to introduce, but we need attendees! If you cannot afford the registration fees, please contact me, as there may be some scholarship possibilities.

If you're not sure whether Startup Weekend is right for you, there's an event from Collaborate CLT and CLT Launch hosted by Packard Place to help you evaluate that on Tuesday, October 25.

Finally, if you are interested in the Charlotte startup community, I publish a newsletter that attempts to circulate great information about what's happening and who is involved here in the city. You can view the archives­ or sign up!

Thanks for your time and attention.

Jim Van Fleet