add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Charlottesville Abraham Hicks Meetup Group Message Board › How to Facilitate a Processes Meetup

How to Facilitate a Processes Meetup

user 4085601
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 9

1. TEST-DRIVE THE PROCESS - Absolute prerequisite for anyone who's going to coach a table in a process -- do the process yourself beforehand. It does not work to be doing the process the first time yourself and expect to be able to coach others in it. That goes over like a lead balloon; I speak from experience. And I always do the work on a fresh issue at the meetup. Regurgitating the process I did in advance comes across as stale, and again I speak from experience.

2. DEMO THE PROCESS - Ask for a volunteer to do their issue with the group. This lucky person will get to do processes on two issues. If no one volunteers (rare), then I use my test-drive issue as an example.

3. DO A WORKSHEET FOR THE VOLUNTEER - I take a worksheet and scribble notes as the volunteer is talking. After each effort at a better thought, I ask, "Did that feel better or worse?" and I make a note of it.

4. POINT OUT THE CONTRADICTED THOUGHTS - Either way, what always happens is the person reaches for a better thought, then a worse thought, then a better thought, then a worse thought -- before they start consistently reaching for better thoughts. Point this out. This is what people often miss when they're doing processes in their mind, but it jumps out on paper. They reach for a better thought but Law of Attraction keeps bringing them thoughts like the ones they had been thinking. It takes repeated effort before someone can keep reaching for better thoughts.

5. WE'RE NOT TRYING TO SOLVE ANYTHING - This is the mantra, chant it. Soothe, don't fix. Everyone at the table wants to offer supportive comments. Remind them of the kind of support we want to offer, which is: make peace with where they are, don't give advice. There are two things I am forever interrupting about; this is one. We're not trying to help the person solve the problem, we're just trying help the person feel better about it.

THE QUOTE: "Somebody comes to you and they're all distraught over some circumstance. And then you look at the circumstance and you try to solve the circumstance. When -- you don't need to solve the circumstance, nor do they! You just need to soothe the way they feel about the circumstance. When you soothe the way they feel about the circumstance, the circumstance will resolve itself." Abraham

6. IF IT WERE ME - When offering words to someone about their process or issue, own the issue and speak as if it were you. Listen to the CDs, Abraham does this all the time. This is the other thing I'm militant about reminding those offering input on someone else's schtuff. Gentle, gentle, gentle with the person "in the hotseat."

7. PRIVACY - What happens at the processes table, stays at the processes table. Remind people to respect the privacy of others. If you took notes during the demo, give the paper with your notes to the volunteer before moving on.

8. WRITTEN WORK - Next we take 10 or 15 minutes to sit and write out our own process. I remind everyone that we'll be sharing the results, so don't pick an issue that's too personal. And don't pick the thing that's been the biggest block in your life for the past 15 years, start with something a little lighter. When most everyone's done, I ask the stragglers if they need another minute, and if anyone's stuck I assure them we'll pitch in and help.

9. ASK EVERYONE - to share their results. If they're hanging back, prompt people. ("How about you, Wendy?") Offer supportive comments. Remind everyone: Offer soothing words. Reach for better feeling thoughts, "if it were me." Make peace with where they are. This is the work of everyone else at the table (and it IS work!). When everyone has had a turn, I share my process last.

10. BASK IN THE BRIGHT FACES - People glow when they've done the work on a life circumstance. The whole table has just reached for better feeling thoughts with each person in turn. After that, eyes are bright and shining, faces are beaming. You are too! This is what it's all about.