Charmed By Starr Witches of New York Meetup Group Message Board › Our Version of Sunday School for our kids?

Our Version of Sunday School for our kids?

Starr R.
StarrRavenhawk
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Since we had so many of you parents interested in teachings for their kids, please do let us know who will be interested, as we do have a teacher who is in the process of writing 13 childrens books on all of our topics but for them to understand. She is also willing to teach the classes as well. So we do need responses as soon as possible regarding this idea. Essentially, our version of Sunday School for the them.
Thank you
Bb
Starr

ps: love the comments on the 'Churches & Temple" thank you.
A former member
Post #: 15
Are adult neophytes allowed to attend "Sun-day School"? Could we have it on Monday and call it "Moon-day School"?
Starr R.
StarrRavenhawk
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 56
No, sorry no adults except the kids parents (and even then preferrably not) and 5-12yr. olds.
It will be just for them. Also, kids do go to school during the week, so definitely not. Sunday it is.
Triodítis (.
HekateEnodia
College Point, NY
Post #: 71
So, how are the classes going? I'm considering enrolling my son soon, as he does seem to be interested in the topic. (He'll be five in April already—Gadzooks!)
That depends upon his good behavior, of course; he's been acting out a bit lately. But hey, that's a child for you. *sigh* smile

TTYS, Blessed Imbolc,

--T.
A former member
Post #: 41
classes are going great. Felicia, Wyvrn and Josh plus 2 more... ages range from 4 to 12 years.

Wish you would come, because then we'd get to see you every other week as well ...

Blessings

Sincere D.
Sincere_Divinity
Springfield Gardens, NY
Post #: 1
I think that would be a good idea. I have a 7 year old son but I wouldn’t have him attend until I have had a few classes of my own so I have a better understanding for when he ask questions.

I want to be a little more experienced before I begin to teach him.

And I was wondering when it is a good age to introduce the craft to children or does that depend on your level of knowledge as well.

I was thinking it depends on my level of knowledge...

Let me know

Starr R.
StarrRavenhawk
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 96
Actually, that depends entirely on you. Since a lot of the parents that register their kids here tend to just want them educated about topics. Also, they are studying Theology in general not just wicca, witchcraft. So no matter what they are getting it all covered.
Best thing I think is to come visit sometime and decide.
Starr