Chattanooga Hiking Meetup Message Board › I'm new, need pick up and 'beginner' start...

I'm new, need pick up and 'beginner' start...

Tara D.
Hixson, TN
Post #: 8
I've been here in Hixson, TN for only 4 months. I'm living with my parents after a nasty marriage that I got out of. I have no car, still looking for work, but I'm a very social person and have to get out at least once a week or more. However, I have no car. This means I'll need someone to be able to pick me up at my parents' house and to drop me off back at my parents' house. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pay gas as I'm very low in funds. I haven't been outdoors in so long that I'm climbing the walls and I can only take so much being around my elderly mother (dad doesn't bother me in his old age).

So, if there is a way to gather all beginner hikers like myself to set up a New Hikers meet up so we can get to talk with one another, to get to know one another, that would be fantastic. This way folks like myself can get a better idea of who we all are.

Thank you for understanding.