It's that time of year again. We're teaming up with the Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito for a "West Coast Reds" blind wine tasting contest...with a 'twist'. The twist is that your team will have the opportunity to go home with a nice stash of wine (last year's winning team took home over 60 bottles)! Please refer to the contest rules below.
All proceeds directly benefit the Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito, serving over 25,000 children. Light hors d'oeuvres will be served and you could also go home with some great prizes if you're a lucky raffle winner...so don't forget your cash . This event typically draws over 200 people. Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or drink wine from a box, grab some friends and come out for a guaranteed good time while supporting a great cause. To view a video from last year’s event, click here.
REGISTRATION: This event is hosted by the Boys & Girls Club of San Dieguito, who is kindly offering a special discounted pre-registration fee of $10 per person (instead of $15) to all Winos R Us members. For further information and to pre-register, follow this link. You will be asked to provide a team name (have fun with it!) and will be required to register as a team (up to 3 people) and check in as a team. PLEASE NOTE: Registration is only available through the link provided above, and RSVPing on the Winos R Us site does not mean you have pre-registered. If you do not pre-register, you will be charged $20 per person at the door. Registration starts promptly at 6pm. Wine tasting will be from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm and the winning teams will be announced at 8:30pm.
TEAMMATES: If you are looking for 1 or 2 others to form a team, I would suggest RSVPing on this site and leaving a comment so that you may contact or be contacted by other interested members.
PARKING: There is FREE parking at the Boys & Girls Club parking lot and you may leave your car overnight (cars will not be towed).
1. Each "team" is required to bring three identical bottles of wine, even if the "team" only consists of one person. However, it is possible to leave with more bottles of wine than you came with.
2. Upon arrival, all three bottles will be given to the hosts, who will wrap two of the bottles to conceal the wine's identity. The two wrapped bottles will have a number randomly assigned to them and then will be set out for tasting. The third bottle will be left unopened and will not be tasted.
3. Each invitee will be given a rating card. At the end of the tasting period, each invitee must write down the number of his or her favorite wine. Cards will be collected and the selections tallied.
4. The top two teams that brought the favorite wines will take home everyone's third unopened bottle of wine. First place gets 2/3 of the leftover wine and second place gets 1/3 of the leftover wine. (Last year’s winning team walked away with over 60 bottles of wine and they're expecting even more teams this year!).
5. The wine tasting begins at 6:30 p.m., so please arrive with your team promptly at 6pm for registration.
6. If two (or more) teams bring the same wine, it shouldn't matter. The rankings can still differ depending upon the temperature of the wine, how long it has been open, etc.
7. Please remember, teams can consist of up to three people. If, for example, four people wish to participate, they would be considered two teams of two. In this situation, they would need to bring 6 bottles of wine to enter the event. This rule will be strictly enforced at the door.
If you are interested in volunteering for the event please email Annie at [masked]
Hope to see you there....CHEERS!
P.S. Don't forget to check out our discussion board for other local wine events!