Cheltenham Geek Nights Message Board › Reprap - Who's building one?

Reprap - Who's building one?

Tom H.
TomHowlett
Group Organizer
Gloucester, GB
Post #: 3
I've woken up with an unstoppable urge to build a RepRap. After showing my son Thingiverse I'm committed. The RepRap wiki seems a good place to start. Has anyone else has woken with the same urge? If so please post here and keep us updated on plans and progress.

I'll post a link to Rich's presentation on here when I get the link

Andy D.
user 13149642
Westend, GB
Post #: 2
Like the idea just a bit afraid it'll be come one of my passing fads!

Though think Mrs D would quite like the idea of being able to print silver jewellery, and teenage daughter would probably steal it for things too
Richard H.
user 62691362
Cheltenham, GB
Post #: 1
I've woken up with an unstoppable urge to build a RepRap. After showing my son Thingiverse I'm committed. The RepRap wiki seems a good place to start. Has anyone else has woken with the same urge? If so please post here and keep us updated on plans and progress.

I'll post a link to Rich's presentation on here when I get the link

Don't fight the urge, it's an awesome hobby. I still get the urge every day to do something new with RepRap or make something using my 3D printer.

If you start to build one, it's not just a passing fad, it's a 3D printer! - the world opens up when you have one :)

I was trying to get my slides up over the weekend, I'll get them finished and post a few of the notes on here if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Rich.
Malcolm N.
user 68291772
Cheltenham, GB
Don't fight the urge, it's an awesome hobby. I still get the urge every day to do something new with RepRap or make something using my 3D printer.

If you start to build one, it's not just a passing fad, it's a 3D printer! - the world opens up when you have one :)

I will second that. It doesn't matter if you are trying to build a better printer or using your printer to pursue some other interests of a making/hacking variety, a 3d printer opens up a load of new possibilities.

Regards,
Malcolm

P.s. Rich, during your talk you mentioned that you Acme lead screws cost around £3.00. Where did you get them from? I feel an upgrade coming on................
Mark D.
MakeALot
Upper Tadmarton, GB
I couldn't agree more, I've used my printer(s) every day for two years and I still don't have enough time to print all the things I think of. It’s definitely not a passing fad.

Cheers
Mark
(MakeALot)