Chiquita
user 11973181
New York, NY
Post #: 18
Greeting members. The bulletin board is set up and posting have been attached. For those members who do not visit their e mail accounts or have none, we have made it easy to communicate in addition to calling.

Our team yesterday included Christina, Charles, Jada ( please correct me if I have misspelled your name and accept my apology ) Rosalind and myself. The board has been placed in front of the shed and we are using the the side front wall of the shed for postings as well. Members, please alert our new members, who are not on the meet up group , of postings and upcoming events.

Communication between the entire membership is key.

The barrels are full and the beds are well watered from the past days' rain. Please do not water logged your beds.
You will ruin your crops. Beds do not require water every day. Angela has a gauge that can be used to test the soil for moisture. If she is not in the garden, use your index finger. Yes your index finger. Place the first digit of your finger into different parts of the bed. If it is damp, it does not need watering. Water only the areas of the plot that are dry. Thank you Charles for that info.

Charles shared harvesting techniques and with his guidance I completed that task and look forward to my kale and sage flourishing and producing more to harvest in the weeks to come.

A number of plots have quite a few tomatoes. Looking good. The new members' beds are flourishing as well. We would like to document what everyone is planting in their beds. We can learn about the different crops and their use.

Harvest result from yesterday love struck Christina - 1 oz of lemon balm. Chiquita- 1 oz of sage and 4 oz of kale.

That was a moment of joy for me. my bed actually produced veggies/ herbs, that I can log in and enjoy. I know Christina was delighted as well. Angela, Rosalind and myself have starters to transplant. My goal is to accomplish that before week end.

I found the worm compost bin open and in disarray. If left open and it becomes saturated with water , the worms will die!!!!!!. Please be mindful of each others projects within the garden.