add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

You can organize this Meetup!

This Meetup no longer has an Organizer.
Without an Organizer, it will disappear from our website in 15 day(s).

You can join this Meetup and become the Organizer.

Chenchita's Community Gardens Message Board › Fundraising Meeting

Fundraising Meeting

user 11973181
New York, NY
Greetings everyone.

If you have not added the meetup or the google accounts as being safe mail, please do so. If you have not responded to the invite sent to you or have not joined the meet up group, please do so. I have been sending e mails to members but have not received many responses . I am not sure if our emails are being received by you.

We would like to see the garden soaked every other day. We have not had a lot of rain, since the beginning of July. We would each member to commit to one day a month, to watering all the plots, soaking the grounds and filling the water barrels . Please e mail with a date you would be able to complete the task and I will post it on the google calendar. If you cannot fulfill the task, please contact me so that we can find someone to fulfill the task.

As agreed we have a meeting scheduled tor August 14th. Bring your fund raising ideas for discussion. I believe that we will be a functioning community garden next year. An increase of membership and more community activity will be great. We will demolish the shed toward the end of the season and replace it with a new pre fab model, as discussed in prior meeting. At the end of the season, the garden has to be prepared for next years season. The plots will be turned over for green composting and cleanup of the grounds.

Upcoming events in August:

NYC hearing - 10th, see prior email or go to

Wellness fair in East Harlem- 14th time and location tba

Unsprayed Veggie /Fruit sale - ongoing , Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm starting the 17th. Prepay $20 for a share ( garden members) Non members cost tba prior to the 14th. smile