addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Paddle Annapolis with lunch at Davis Pub

Paddle Annapolis With Lunch at Davis Pub

RSVP's for this event open tonight at 9:15 PM

The actual attendance limit for this paddle is 30 paddlers.  6 spots have been set aside for people who will be renting kayaks.  If you are a renter on the waiting list I will move you to the attending list.   Those spots not filled by renters 24 hours before the paddle will be filled with members on the waiting list who have paid the voluntary dues.  Everyone has the same chance to sign up for the first 24 slots.

 

Sunday July 28, 2013 will find us on the water at 10:00 AM from the Truxton Park boat ramp on Spa Creek in Annapolis.  Plan to arrive with plenty of time to get your boat and gear ready to launch promptly at 10:30 AM.

This paddle MAY involve a fair amount of time in rather choppy water as we travel around Eastport.  If you are not comfortable in chop this is NOT the paddle for you.

The put in is a nice little sandy beach immediately to the left of the boat ramp.  Pull up, drop your boat and gear off and then move your car to the parking area a few hundred yards back up the road.  There is no ramp fee for vehicles parked in the boat ramp parking area that do not have a trailer attached.

We'll paddle around the harbor in Annapolis and strut our stuff along side million dollar yachts through "Ego Alley" before heading out around the point of Eastport and in to Back Creek with a stop for lunch at Davis Pub in Eastport.  If the water is too rough around the point we'll drive over to David Pub after the paddle.  We should be back to the take out at Truxton Park sometime around 3:00 PM.

If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to send me a note.  See you on the water!

Chuck

Kayaking involves known and unanticipated risks including physical injury and death that cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential quality of the sport. Group organizers and leaders and other members cannot pay continuous attention to all participants. Participants must be responsible for their own safety. Don’t overestimate your skills and abilities. Take instructional courses to learn about paddling technique, safety, self rescue and hypothermia. Be aware of the tides, currents and weather conditions that will affect your safety on the days you paddle. Cooperate with group organizers, leaders and other members to insure your own safety as well as the safety of others and make it the fun, enjoyable day on the water it should be.

 

 

Join or login to comment.

  • Mark

    THAT was a fun day. Thank you Chuck and Kimmie. And thanks to ALL of the photographers that posted pictures.

    1 · July 30, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Surprisingly, this was my first time on this paddle. Annapolis is always one of my favorite spots. So much to see- the boats, the history, love it all! Thanks again, you two know who :).

    July 29, 2013

  • Amy L.

    It was a blast and weather was perfect. Thank you Chuck!

    July 29, 2013

  • Mike R.

    Thanks to Chuck, Kimmie, and to Jason who helped me get out of my yak at Davis Pub. I've posted photos in case anyone is interested.

    July 29, 2013

  • Becky

    Great day on the water!!!

    1 · July 29, 2013

  • Jean

    Excellent as always. This is a favorite paddle for the scenery, waves, and lunch stop.

    July 29, 2013

  • Toni

    A beautiful day at one of my favorite paddle locales... and with CKA. Perfect!

    July 28, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Beautiful weather, fun chop, great lunch. Thanks, Chuck and Kimmie!

    July 28, 2013

  • Donna M

    Thank you Chuck, Kimmie and everyone for a great day on the water. What a nice group of people - everyone helps everybody out....even the rain held off until now.....sitting here I can feel the chop from earlier today:)

    July 28, 2013

  • Yoshiko

    First time in Annapolis paddle. I loved every minutes of it!!
    Thank you, Chuck and Kimmie.

    July 28, 2013

  • Lauri

    Great weather after all. I enjoyed the trip. Nice meeting everyone and hope to see you all again soon.

    July 28, 2013

  • Chuck

    The weather SPECIFICALLY for the Annapolis area during the time we will be on the water is calling for a 30% to 40% chance of isolated thundershowers tomorrow. Conversely that is a 60% to 70% chance of sunny blue skies with temps in the high 70's. The forecast for the entire Balt/Wash area is much more dire with an 80% chance of thunderstorms so that is ALL you will hear on the TV and radio. I will make a final go or no go determination about the weather by 7:30 AM and post it here.

    1 · July 27, 2013

    • Mike M.

      Don't forget the invoice for the shirt. Moke

      July 28, 2013

  • Chuck

    There is a ZERO percent chance of rain until 1:00 PM when if goes to a 50% chance of scattered thundershowers for the next few hours. You need to decide for yourself what you're going to do but WE WILL BE PADDLING TODAY.

    July 28, 2013

    • Toni

      On my way :)

      1 · July 28, 2013

    • A former member
      A former member

      Have fun. Its not the rain, but I have to work today unexpectedly. :(

      July 28, 2013

  • Becky

    Kimmie says... 12:30 ish... And we go to the dock across from the restaurant (Davis)....

    July 27, 2013

  • Lauri

    Chuck. I am bringing my friend's kayak to use. What time will we be at Davis Pub? I probably pull out there. Be picked up.

    July 27, 2013

  • Cheryl

    Hey Chuck... roughly what time will you be doing lunch? Where do you dock for Davis (end of 4th street or the museum)? I may paddle out from Back Creek and try and meet you guys on the water.

    July 27, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    Yea, I'm in! I'm excited for this trip and lunch - see you then!

    July 26, 2013

  • Donna M

    Chuck, I need a rental. How do I pay you?

    July 22, 2013

    • Chuck

      Bring cash to the paddle or I can send you a PayPal invoice which you can pay online if you send me your email address. Thanks Donna

      July 26, 2013

    • Donna M

      okay, I'll bring cash. See you then! Looking forward to this.

      July 26, 2013

  • A former member
    A former member

    The guest is a renter.

    July 25, 2013

    • Chuck

      Got your guest covered Sarah

      July 26, 2013

  • Lauri

    I would need to rent a kayak. Do I rent from chesapeake kayak on 3rd st in Eastport?

    July 23, 2013

    • Chuck

      CKA is less expensive and the kayaks will be waiting for you at the put in.

      July 25, 2013

  • Christian

    Hey Chuck. How choppy do you think the water will be? Will a SOT be able to handle?

    July 25, 2013

    • Chuck

      SOT should be fine Christian

      July 25, 2013

  • Gail

    Family event to attend.

    July 25, 2013

22 went

Our Sponsors

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy