Chesapeake Kayak Adventures Message Board Pick Up Trips › Unofficial Cherry Blossom Paddle - Saturday 4/6

Unofficial Cherry Blossom Paddle - Saturday 4/6

Amy L.
AmyL76
Hanover, MD
Post #: 104
This is for anyone that cannot make the Cherry Blossom paddle on Easter Weekend. We can select a put-in and time to meet here. You come at your own risk and this will be a cold weather gear paddle.
Tim
user 6144802
Washington, DC
Post #: 39
Hi. Pls see my posting today on CKA trips board. Where would you put in and take out? Jacks might be rather far to paddle from? And the waterfront near Basin would be crowded with cars people.
Chuck
user 7308281
Group Organizer
Dayton, MD
Post #: 126
The past few years I've been leading Cherry Blossom paddles from Columbia Island. I always get a couple of emails suggesting other put ins because people think the parking at Columbia Island will be full. I've never seen it even remotely full on weekends let alone week days. Heck half the paddlers I know who live in the area can't find the place to paddle from there so how can the cherry blossom tourists. Just don't tell anyone about it or people might start learning to read maps again and figure out how to get there.
Kelly H
Kelly-Steve
Pasadena, MD
Post #: 6
We plan to be there on Sat but not sure what time yet. We're kind of "lazy/slow - putt around, take pictures, etc" paddlers but I'll keep and eye on this thread and maybe we can catch up with anyone whose out there. We are putting in at Columbia Island Marina.
Deke M.
dekemiller
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 53
One of the other DC Area kayaking Meetup Groups will be posting a Meetup from Columbia Island on Saturday. I will update this discussion group with the info when it is finalized if that is OK with Chuck.
A former member
Post #: 21
I missed last weekends trips and would love to be included in this one...I have a wetsuit, pump ,paddlefloat, etc. plus this would be the second time (not in a pool) that I have had my kayak in water to paddle. Is there anything else I need to do to sign up for this event? thanks for doing this (best part 'we' have a better chance of actually seeing the Cherry Blossoms!
A former member
Post #: 22
FYI, I am going with NOVA kayak (Randi and Deke) they just posted a Saturday 10:00 paddle for the Cherry Blossoms...putting in at Columbia Island Marine...maybe the two groups could become one?
Deke M.
dekemiller
Alexandria, VA
Post #: 56
Randi K. organized a Cherry Blossom trip this Saturday through NoVa Outdoors and Paddle Club:

http://www.meetup.com...­

10am at Columbia Island.
Chuck
user 7308281
Group Organizer
Dayton, MD
Post #: 127
I just got the email about NoVa Outdoors & Paddle Club (on Meetup) doing the Cherry Blossoms from Colubia Island on Saturday at 10:00 AM. I see Deke and Karin had already mentioned it but with water temps as cold as they are, I wanted to encourage those of you going to see the cherry blossoms on Saturday to consider joining them. Deke posted a direct link to their paddle above. You will need cold water attire to join them.
Amy L.
AmyL76
Hanover, MD
Post #: 106
Awesome, thank you for pointing that out!!! I didn't know about that group and I was only going to paddle with my friend Gail from MOC...but this would be great to go with a group! I submitted my application for membership through their Meetup page this morning.