This event is now open…
Let’s take a four day, three night ride through the winding country mountain roads of West Virginia
Lodging will be at the Smoke Hole Resort, in the Seneca Rocks National Recreation Area, adjacent to the Monongahela National Forest. We will be staying at the resort in cottages. Each cottage (4 people per unit) will have 2 bedrooms, (1) full bed, and (1) twin bed in each room. Fully furnished with a full bath, heat, air conditioning, kitchen-ete, cable TV, Wifi, cell coverage, and bed linens, less towels.
Price Per Person – Includes (3) nights lodging, and the first nights special catered Lodge dinner - $169.00/Per Person (taxes, fees, and gratuities included)
Terms – 50% Deposit ($84.50/per person) due by December 15th. (Payment instructions will be emailed to each person registered as attending)
Balance due ($[masked]/per person) by March 1st, 2014
Cancellations – Full payment will be returned if cancelled by March 1st.
Daily routes and sites of interest will be available in the spring
Sorry for the early deposit request, but Smoke Hole wanted a 50% upfront to hold the reservation, and I negotiated with them to wait until late December.
· How many miles will this trip be?
- Even though the route hasn’t been worked out, figure on approximately 1,100 miles round trip
· I’m a novice rider, can I go on this trip?
- My number one concern is everyone’s safety. The roads that we will be traveling on will be mountain and windy country roads, and even could be wet if we get some rain. I would recommend that experienced riders attend this event.
· What other things will I need money for?
- The three nights lodging, and the first night’s dinner, will already be paid prior to the trip. You will be responsible for your fuel, and meals along the way. We may stop at a point of interest along the way that may have an entrance fee, but nothing big.
· Will we be on any toll roads?
- I have no plans to be on any toll roads
· Is there a car wash in the area?
Yes Sparkle, we will be 10 miles West of Petersburg, WV, where there is a car wash.
Smoke Hole resort Home Page: http://www.smokehole.com/index.htm
Smoke Hole Resort Layout: http://bnbwebsites.s3.amazonaws.com/2153/smokehole_areamap_20130702162837.pdf
Dinner is Served !!