Join us bread bakers, as we increase our skill and versatility in the bread-baking craft.
Monthly "Taste-and-Tell" meetings:Every second Sunday at 4pm, October-April. Second Sunday meetings May-September if sufficient desire from bakers to hold meetings in the warmer months. Additional workshops and special meetings from time to time.
About us:We're a group of avid, autodidactic bread bakers. We gather each month to share our bread-baking experiences and learn from one another. Begun in January 2011 as a group for amateurs, over the years we've developed into a resource for amateurs and professionals, alike.
This group is for you if you'd like to:
*Meet fellow bread bakers and compare experiences with them.
*Get feedback on your loaves.
*Expand your repertoire of bread-baking skills and techniques.
*Be inspired and motivated to bake bread on a regular basis.
Who should not attend? Those who:
* Have never baked a loaf of bread.
* Have no experience working with yeast (wild or commercial).
* Are looking for lessons in making bread. (We don't teach in a one-to-many fashion. Rather, each baker teaches him/herself, then brings experience and knowledge to share with the group.)
Fees: Other than annual dues of $15, none. We strive to make our events free or very low cost, e.g., the price of a cup of coffee. We are grateful to our generous sponsors, who make this possible.
* To each event, bring yeasted bread you have baked to share with the group.
* Arrive on time. If you're late, please join the group quietly, without disrupting conversation.
* Don't RSVP and then not show up. Do it, and the organizers will remove you from the group, and you'll forfeit your annual dues.