This will be a SATURDAY to MONDAY trip. WE WILL NOT RETURN TO CHICAGO BEFORE MONDAY EVENING.
Other than the days of the week, this will be a pretty typical intermediate trip. Participants must have completed a beginners' bootcamp or receive prior dispensation from the organizer (based on their experience and skills). The terrain is moderate (a few hills, several loops) and includes horse trails. Given the recent weather expect swollen creeks and muddy trails, but hopefully also some nice wildflowers and early leaves.The specific route will depend on weather, but expect around 10 miles on Sunday and 5 on Monday.
For those who can leave earlier on Saturday, there are plenty of sights along the way to the park, including the National Mustard Museum near Madison, New Glarus brewery, and several parks with nice day-hikes.
We'll arrange carpools based on time and place you're leaving. The meet-up fee posted does not include the $9 per tent camping fee for car-camping Saturday night, or the cost of gas or parking/entry fees. Please bring cash to cover these fees. We'll make the camping reservations (or look into accessible backcountry sites for Sat night) once RSVPs close.
Maps and other details will be sent out with the final carpool information.
• Participation is at the discretion of the organizer.
• Participants who do not promptly respond to the organizer's emails will be removed from the trip.
• Group size is limited. No guests, plus-ones or non-members.
• Neither dogs nor minors will be permitted.
• There is a $5 non-refundable fee for signing up for the trip.
• All participants will plan their own meals.
• Each carpool will make its own gasoline/mileage reimbursement arrangements.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the trip or preparation,