Our group is scheduled for another general meeting February 28 with a presentation on (as always) an interesting and timely topic. Meanwhile, we need to move ahead with:
- formalizing the structure of our organization
- electing permanent (i.e. 1-year commitment) officers
- planning the next two or three general programs
- establishing ties with ACM SIGPLAN and other organizations
- confirming meeting location and arrangements
- establishing a budget and either dues or meeting charge
The 4 volunteers who have been keeping the Chicago C/C++ Users' Group active during the past two years will meet to address those issues and, if possible, to prepare for turning over responsibilities to regular elected officers. See my April 27 Discussion Board post on "Roles & Responsibilities".
We invite other members, who are ready to contribute by taking on responsibilities for managing the organization, to join us. We're getting together Tuesday, January 3 at my home/office http://www.idinews.com/private/directions.h...
starting at 6:30. I will serve a simple supper and refreshments. You're welcome to bring a spouse or date, but please let me know who's coming via the usual meetup RSVP.