|Sent on:||Monday, October 1, 2012 9:07 AM|
As you know, our group has scheduled its season opener October 23. Unfortunately, we've encountered two obstacles:
1. We don't have a meeting place.
- The ninth floor room at DePaul that held our very successful May meeting is in use by classes this term.
- We've outgrown the second floor DePaul room where we had our November and February meetings with its 34 person capacity as well as the very comfortable New Horizons room where our organization began three years ago.
- We've been told that the large DRW cafeteria space where we had three meetings is available only when a DRW person is a featured speaker.
2. We need either one more panelist for our announced program or another well-qualified speaker on some interesting topic.
If you can help in either area, please contact one of our interim officers: Jay Schachter, Rene Rivera, and John Welch or post a message to the whole group.
We also have the option to defer our season opener until November, but with 30 people already signed up we should make every effort to stick to the October 23 announced date.
This is an exciting time for the C++ programming community. Let's keep the momentum going!
* * * *
Also, please record your vote in our poll to approve permanent by-laws. Then we can elect officers for the coming season.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Conrad Weisert ([address removed]) from Chicago C/C++ Users Group.
To learn more about Conrad Weisert, visit his/her member profile
Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York[masked] | [address removed]