I will be out of town. Sorry to miss the planning meeting. I am happy to offer to speak.
Sent from my brainpal (who sometimes let's typos out)
-------- Original message --------
From: Conrad Weisert <[address removed]>
To: [address removed]
Subject: [Chicago-C-CPP-Users-Group] Interim steering committee meeting
Wednesday evening, May 22, we shall gather at a location to be announced later for a planning session.
NOTE: This is not a regular "meetup" event: Any member is welcome to attend who is willing to work on serious issues, including program planning, venue selection, and financial management. Agenda items will include, but are not limited to:
- Action on the proposed bylaws. (I favor declaring them adopted and in effect, based on the 15-to-0 approval vote, small as it was.)
- Further membership rules. e.g. should voting members be required to use their real names?
- Selection of topic, speaker, and venue for the September meeting, which is concurrent with the Standards Committee meeting/
- Budget for the coming year, possibly including membership dues or meeting attendance fee.
- Guidelines for future meetings and other activities, such as tutorial sessions.
- Planning for election of permanent officers for 2013-2014. (Slate of candidates, voting procedure, etc.)
Assuming adoption of (1) this should be the last meeting of the interim steering committee. Attendees may be asked to contribute a share of the meetup fee, which Jay Shachter has advanced.
We would be grateful to anyone with a quiet conference room downtown who can host this meeting. If no one responds, I can try for Loyola or fall back on my Jefferson Park house.
Please Note: If you hit "REPLY", your message will be sent to everyone on this mailing list ([address removed])
This message was sent by Conrad Weisert ([address removed]) from Chicago C/C++ Users Group.
To learn more about Conrad Weisert, visit his/her member profile
To unsubscribe from special announcements from your Organizer(s), click here
Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163 | [address removed]