addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago C/C++ Users Group Message Board › ISO C++ Committee Approves C++0x Final Draft

ISO C++ Committee Approves C++0x Final Draft

A former member
Post #: 30
Herb Sutter reports that the C++0x Final Draft has been approved.
Nevin ".
nliber
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 38
And two of us (Faisal and myself) were there in Madrid to help make it happen!
Bruce P.
user 9567325
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
Just a note and request for explanation: N3290 is not currently available on the Open STD page. I'm guessing this will be resolved soon? Wikipedia has a nice write-up of some features of C++ 0x, does the group consider most of the information current?

For those who have successfully compiled the C++ 0x source, GCC 4.7, under Cygwin(?) any pointers?

Sorry for the indirection.
Rene R.
grafikrobot
Evanston, IL
Post #: 9
Just a note and request for explanation: N3290 is not currently available on the Open STD page. I'm guessing this will be resolved soon?

Interesting.. It used to be available. It looks like they put it behind the committee password-wall. Perhaps in preparation for the pending release. Since at that point they have a minimal charge for the final standard. I'm not sure what the ethics of publishing a previously gotten version of N3290 is. But if it's kosher, perhaps we can make it available to this group.

Wikipedia has a nice write-up of some features of C++ 0x, does the group consider most of the information current?

Doing a brief read, and IMO, it seems current and complete.
Nevin ".
nliber
Libertyville, IL
Post #: 47
Just a note and request for explanation: N3290 is not currently available on the Open STD page. I'm guessing this will be resolved soon?

This is intentional, not accidental, as per ISO rules.