addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago C/C++ Users Group Message Board › First meeting scheduling

First meeting scheduling

Closed to new replies

A former member
Post #: 2
I somewhat arbitrarily chose the fourth Tuesday of each month to have meetings. This was mostly because the Chicago Java Users Group has their meetings on the third Tuesday of the month. I picked September 22 as the target date for the first meeting but I have not scheduled a room or speaker yet so the date is subject to change.

I wanted to wait until the Fall semester started to have the first meeting so I can send announcements to Chicago area university Computer Science departments around the second week of the semester and tap into the energy that often surrounds the start of groups like this and the start of the school year.

Thoughts?
Conrad W.
CWeisert
Chicago, IL
Post #: 2
Waiting until September is fine for the first formal meeting, but an informal summer meeting could establish a framework and make plans. Then the first "real" meeting in September can be managed in a professional manner and won't waste time debating start-up issues. Let's have an organizational meeting in June or July.
A former member
Post #: 7
An informal organizational meeting in June or July sounds like a good idea. My Tuesdays and Thursdays are booked through the end of July so the meeting would need to be on Monday or Wednesday.
Conrad W.
CWeisert
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
I already replied to the poll, listing June 24 and July 22 as acceptable dates. Pick one and let's do it.
A former member
Post #: 9
Point taken. I scheduled a meeting for June 24.