addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Chicago C/C++ Users Group Message Board › Responsibilities

Responsibilities

Closed to new replies

Conrad W.
CWeisert
Chicago, IL
Post #: 12
Although Olinga took the initiative in launching this group, we can't expect him to take on every responsibility in keeping it going. We particularly need:

(a) A program chair

(b) An arrangements chair

If we're going to meet monthly or bi-monthly, then it's not too early to start planning the October or November meeting. The program chair doesn't have to be a one-person job. He or she can form a "program committee" to divide up the work. It's also a great way to make contacts; you have an excuse to call up potential speakers that you don't know.

The arrangements chair has to secure the room and the equipment, and, if we decide to serve food and beverage, to order it.

Our group has three dozen members. Let's have some volunteers.
A former member
Post #: 17
I second Conrad's statement. Although I initiated this group I don't want it to be seen as "Olinga's group" and hope to get an executive committee in place to handle much of the responsibility.