Chicago CiviCRM Meetup Message Board › Topics for next Meetup

Topics for next Meetup

Young-Jin K.
youngjin
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
I'd like to get the discussion going on possible topics for our next meetup in April.

We'll break the group into newcomers and seasoned CiviCRM users for the first 30 minutes. One of the seasoned users will introduce the newcomers to the group on the basics of CiviCRM (how it works, what it does, what one can do with it).

The advanced group will discuss specific use cases or sticking points and could be seen as a trouble shooting sessions for those who want help with CiviCRM.

After the initial 30 minutes, we'll combine the two groups and have a short 20 to 30 minute presentation one either

• Guided case study of an existing CiviCRM site with implementation details
  • Someone from the group who wants to implement CiviCRM would present their group's need and we'd run through the setup steps to get them to start using CiviCRM.

Please vote on either 1. or 2. for the next meetup. If you are a group interested in implementing CiviCRM, please volunteer for 2. if you would like some advice from seasoned CiviCRM administrators.

Thanks and see you at the next meetup,

Young-Jin
Todd
toddgee
Chicago, IL
Post #: 1
A couple things I'd love to hear a talk about at some point in the future:
CiviCRM + Drupal Organic Groups
Federated CiviCRM installations -- scenarios where multiple groups use portions of the shared data.

I'm a newbie to the point that I couldn't be a presenter on these topics but would certainly love to hear someone else talk about them. :^)
Todd
toddgee
Chicago, IL
Post #: 3
Also, I posted a notice of the meet-up in the Drupal Groups group for the CDMug:
http://groups.drupal....­

It was pointed out that the next CDMUG meetup is on the same day as the CiviCRM meetup. Given the proxomity of the two groups and the significant overlap between the users, I'd recommend checking out the dates of the upcoming CDMUG meetings before setting meeting dates for this group.